Configuring Apple Mail using IMAP
This guide shows how to set up an email account hosted by Surftown, using the email client included in MacOS. This guide is written based on the version of Mail included in MacOS 10.12 Sierra. Please note that minor variations in the set-up process are possible if you are using an older version of MacOS. If your MacOS is older than 10.11 El Capitan, we recommend that you upgrade before setting up your email address. Please check the guides on Apple's site for instructions on how to do this.
Before we get started
First and foremost, you need to have your email account and its password ready.
If you have forgotten your email address' password, then you can reset it by following this guide.
Email account setup
1. Start by clicking Preferences... in the Mail menu.
2. Now you need to open the mail setup guide.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Click on the plus button in the lower left corner.
3. Select Other Mail Account... and then press the Continue button.
4. Now enter your name, your email address and the email address' password. In our example, we're using the name Surftown and the email address email@example.com. Once you have entered your details, press the Sign In button.
5. Next, you will be notified that the account name and password cannot be verified. This is normal. Now, select account type IMAP, and enter mail.surftown.com in the fields Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Once done, press Sign In.
6. Now, simply finish the setup by pressing the Done Button.
If you have any further Apple Mail issues, please refer to Apple's support site here.
If you would like Surftown to perform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we can offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/