How do I remove a domain from a service?
If you have a domain that you no longer use, or if you need to add the domain in our systems as an alias to another domain, you can remove the domain from it's current webhotel, by following this guide. If you need to move the domain to another webhotel, please follow this guide instead.
Note that removing a domain from a webhotel, will delete all the domains' content on the webhotel. This includes e-mails, e-mail accounts and webfiles. It is important that you take a backup of your data before you remove the domain, if you do not want it deleted.
Once you are satisfied that you have saved all the important files and mails, follow the steps below to remove a domain
1. Begin by logging in here.
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain you want to remove. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. Each webservice has a section called Hosting. Click Web management in the Hosting section. This will open a popup window.
4. The popup window will show a list of all domains on the webhotel. Each domain will have two buttons directly to its right. The arrow will take you to the specific settings for each domain on the list, where the red cross will remove the domain. Find the domain you wish the remove, and click the button with the red cross.
5. You will be prompted to accept the deletion. Once you accept, the domain will be freed from the webservice, and all the related content will be deleted from the webhotel.
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we kan offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/