How do I create a redirect for my domain?
In order to redirect visitors from your web site to another web site, you'll need to create a redirect through the Surftown Dashboard.
1. Begin by logging in Here
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain you want to redirect. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. Go to Hosting -> Web Management:
4. Now, you need to select the domain that you want to re-direct. In this example, we use surftownrocks.dk:
5. Now, press Add next to Redirect:
6. Now enter the URL of the site you want to re-direct your web site to in the To field. Please note, that http:// or https:// mustn't be included. You can select http:// or https:// in the menu.
The From field should be empty, unless you only need to re-direct a specific URL. If this is the case, enter the part of the URL that comes after the domain name in the From field.
Once you're done, press the Save button.
7. If you have a Linux/PHP account, then proceed by pressing the Apply button:
This step is not required for Windows accounts.
When you are done, it will take about 20 minutes for the changes to to be applied.
If you would like Surftown to perform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we can offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/