How do I move a domain between two webhotels?
This guide will show you how to move a domain between two webhotels on the same Surftown login. This is useful in case you are looking to merge all your services into one, or just want to move a domain from one webhotel to another.
If the domain you want to move needs to be transferred to a webhotel on a separate login, please contact Surftown support, who can assist with the move.
First, you need to make sure that you have made a backup of all data related to your domain on the server: Files, databases and any email addresses on the domain. This is because the domain move will remove all data on the server during the move process!
Now we are ready to move the domain.
1. Begin by logging in here.
2. Find the webservice which has the domain you want to move. If you are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. When you have expanded the webservice, click on Web Management in the Hosting section.
4. In the pop-up box, find the domain you wish to move and click the middle button under Actions.
5. You will be asked to choose the webhotel you want to move the domain to. Only webhotels with available capacity will appear on the list.
Complete the move process by hitting Submit and confirming that you are aware that this action will delete the domain contents from the server.
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we kan offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/