The PHP configurations of our servers are set centrally, and it is therefore not possible to modify php.ini. However, in some cases you can modify PHP configuration values through your web site's .htaccess file.
Please note, that most options are locked down and cannot be changed. This includes, but isn't limited to:
- max_execution_time - Can't go over 300 seconds no matter what you set it to
- memory_limit - Allready set based on your account type
- open_basedir - Can't be circumvented
- register_globals - This option has been removed from recent PHP versions and cannot be used
- upload_max_filesize - Limited to 100 MB regardless of the PHP setting
If you are unable to change a specific value then there is no way to modify it. These settings are locked down for security and for performance reasons.
Examples of modifications that can be done through .htaccess
Enabling PHP error reporting
php_flag display_startup_errors on php_flag display_errors on php_flag html_errors on
Increase max_input_vars (default is 5000)
php_value max_input_vars 10000
The following functions are disabled and cannot be used:
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we kan offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/