Getting started with Surftown Sitebuilder
This guide shows how to get started with Surftown Sitebuilder as an existing Surftown customer. New customers can try Surftown Sitebuilder for free here.
1. Begin by logging in here.
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain you want to access. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. When you have expanded the correct webservice, click on Surftown Sitebuilder in the Hosting section.
4. You are now at your Surftown Sitebuilder overview, where you can see a list of the domains associated with the active webservice. From here, you can enable or disable Sitebuilder for each individual domain.
The following functions are available for each domain:
Enable/Disable – From here you can turn Sitebuilder on or off for each domain.
For the domains where Sitebuilder is enabled, the following options will be available:
Edit Site – This button opens the Sitebuilder editor where you will be creating your website.
Buy Shop – If you want your website to include webshop functionality, you can click on this button to upgrade your site to a webshop. If your site already has an active Shop, this button will instead display the details of your shop, including the renewal date.
Change Password – If you have forgotten your Sitebuilder password, you can choose a new one by clicking this button.
Go live/Go Offline – This option is used to open your site for visitors. See this guide for details.
You will be able to point your domain back at your old content later if you need to, by pressing Go Offline. This will restore the default Surftown DNS settings for your domain. If you want to point your domain at content hosted by another provider, this must be done manually afterwards. Feel free to contact Surftown Support here if you have questions about this.
Inside the editor:
Three important buttons
- Main menu Switch to another application like Blog or Store
- Add content button Add new images, text or other content to your page
- Publish button Make your website visible on the web
To add content to your page:
- Click the Add content button
- Drag any item from the content panel onto the page
- Drop the content on the page
- Click and drag the item you want to add
- Drop zones are indicated in green as you drag the item around the page
You can create up to 4 columns on your pages.
Move content around the page
- Use the drag handle to move the content
- The drop-zone for the content is indicated by the green bar
Note! You can only drag and drop content in the page body, not in the page header or footer.
For tips and tricks on how to start using the editor, we recommend checking out the tutorials available at the following link.