How do I go online with my website?
Surftown Sitebuilder is hosted on a separate server from your regular web content, so going online with your site requires that the domain’s DNS records are updated to point at the correct server. Unless you are using an external DNS service, our system is able to make these changes for you, and going online is as simple as pushing a button.
1. Begin by logging in here
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain you want to access. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. When you have expanded the webservice, click on Surftown Sitebuilder in the Hosting section.
4. Click the Edit Site button next to the domain you want to go live with.
Make sure you have clicked the publish button in the editor after the latest change you have made to the site.
5. When you are sure that your website is ready to be brought online, go back to the Surftown Sitebuilder section and click on the Go Live button.
Accept the warning pop-up to verify that you are aware that this will make changes to your domain.
This will update the domain and point it at the correct server in our systems. Due to the way DNS works, this update can take anywhere from 1 to 24 hours to complete, after which your site will be live.
Only do the following steps if your domain is using an external DNS service.
6. Create the following two A records where your DNS is managed:
@yourdomain.tld TTL=3600 126.96.36.199
*.yourdomain.tld TTL=3600 188.8.131.52