How do I add a subdomain to my domain?
You have the option of adding any number of subdomains to a domain without additional cost. These can be used for almost anything you can do with a regular domain. One notable exception at Surftown is that you can't create a Sitebuilder site on a subdomain.
If you have a domain test-domain.com, a subdomain could be e.g webshop.test-domain.com or my.test-domain.com. This way you can put two or more separate sites on the same domain, since each subdomain will have its own folder on the FTP and its own set of email addresses you can create.
1. Begin by logging in here.
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain you want to add a subdomain to. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. When you have expanded the webservice, click on Web Management in the Hosting section.
4. Now, you need to select the domain that you want to add a subdomain to. In this example, we use test-domain.com.
5. Press the Add button next to the Subdomain entry under Web Management.
6. Choose a name for your subdomain. This can contain the characters a-z, 0-9 and the dash character. It must be at least 2 characters long and must start and end with a letter or a number.
7. You are now done, and your subdomain can be managed through the list under Web Management like any other domain.
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we kan offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/