How to disable automatic management of connection settings
By default, Apple Mail is configured to automatically manage the server connection settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers. These settings will usually not work on email addresses hosted by Surftown. This guide shows how to configure your email address using manual settings. This guide was written based on the version of Mail included in MacOS 10.12 Sierra. Please note that minor variations in the set-up process are possible if you are using an older version of MacOS. If your MacOS is older than 10.11 El Capitan, we recommend that you upgrade before setting up your email address. Please check the guides on Apple's site for instructions on how to do this.
Email account settings
1. Start by clicking Preferences... in the Mail menu.
2. Now you need to open the mail server settings.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Click on the email address you want to configure on the list on the left.
- Click on the Server Settings tab.
- Make sure the two Automatically manage connection settings checkboxes are un-checked.
3. Press Save
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we kan offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/