Adding a moderator to a mailing list
Surftown provides the ability for customers to create mailing lists that send emails on behalf of approved senders. This allows group email for discussion and distribution of information.
By default, mailing lists on Surftown's servers are moderated. This means that any email sent to the list must be approved by a moderator before it will be distributed to the recipients on the list.
In order for a moderated mailing list to function, at least one email address must be added to the moderator list. This guide will tell you how this is done.
If you want to remove moderation for your list, please contact customer service.
1. Start by clicking Email -> Mail overview
2. Click the Go to domain button next to your domain name in the Action column.
3. Scroll down to the Mailing lists section and find your mailing list in the overview. If the list is named firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be shown as 'send' in the overview.
Click the Moderator settings button next to the name of the list in the Action column.
4. Click Add moderator and type the email address you want to use in the provided field. Then press Add.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed to add additional moderators. Only one moderator needs to approve sending, even if more are added to the list.