How do I change an email account's password?
Sometimes it might be good to change your email accounts password, in case you forgot it or just want to change it to keep your password safe. No matter what the reason, you can follow this quick and easy guide to change your email accounts password.
Note that you do not have to know the current password in order to change it through the control panel. This is because other mail users can change their own passwords without contacting the owner, as long as they know their existing password.
1. Begin by logging in here
2. If you have multiple webservices, find the one which has the domain your e-mail address exists on. If you have many and are in doubt which webservice you need, you can click here.
3. Click Mail Overview in the Email category
4. Now a popup will open, from which you can choose between any domain on your account. If the mail account whose password you want to change is called firstname.lastname@example.org, you should choose the domain test-domain.com on the list, by pressing the button with the arrow directly to the right of each domain.
5. You will now see the overview for your email accounts on the domain you chose. There are a few buttons next to each mail account, that you can use to edit them. The button used to edit which the password is under Action. Find the mail account which password you want to change, and press the button to edit the password, as shown on the image below.
6. Once you press the button a popup window will open.
In it you will be able to enter you new password. You have to enter it twice, just to eliminate any accidental typos.
If you are not in the mood for coming up with another password, you can use the Generate strong password link to automatically have us come up with a password for you. It is random and very strong, but of course, random passwords are the hardest to learn by heart.
You can click Show Password if you want to display what you type, in case you want to save the generated password or edit it. Once you are satisfied with the password, click Confirm.
The password will now be changed. Any mail client (such as Outlook, Apple Mail or an app on a smartphone) will need to know the new password, before being able to log in again.