Creating a strong password
One of the simplest ways to raise your security level, is setting a strong password. Below is our suggestions for creating a strong password, as well as some general guidelines.
- Switch numbers with letters that look alike
- Create a password that contains at least 8 characters
- Mix uppercase and lowercase letters
- Do not use a name or a word found in a dictionary
- Do not use a birthday date or any other public accessible information
- Use different passwords for everything
- Use special characters, such as '!', '%' and '&'
A fun way to check the strength of the password, is by trying it here:
The website validates your password and estimates how long time it will take for a computer to break it. The higher amount of time it takes, the better password.
If you would like Surftown to preform this task for you, or if you are in need of any other assistance, please have a look at the paid services we can offer through our Service Desk Services: https://www.surftown.com/da/service-desk/